Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 2

I got up for my usual 4:30am walk, and before I go further - yes, I did say 4:30AM. I walk with my friend and we've tried to walk during the day, afternoons, nights etc but found we were missing more than we were walking, due to weather, our husbands returning home from work late etc. We couldn't walk after 6am as both our husbands could leave as early as 5:30am some mornings, it varied so we decided to walk at 4:30am. The bonus of this time, it is never to hot to walk, we have the roads to ourselves and quite frankly who is going to ring the other at that time of the morning to say they cant be bothered walking. The other bonus is, if we do happen to miss our morning session, we have the whole day to make it up. Now I must confess, I do usually come home shower, and then go back to bed but when school starts back in a fortnight, I am not going to go back to bed, I am going to use that time to do the rest of my exercise program, that is one of my first changes.
I wore my new sneakers today and did find by the end of my walk I was starting to blister - ouch. We walk for approx 40mins, and my neighbour is very hilly, I think its roughly 3.5km's but will time it again tomorrow.

I sucked it up, put bandaids on my ankles, popped the sneakers back on and did the Monday workout from Michelle's Crunchtime book. I stank by the end of it, dripping with sweat and usually I would've given up after the 1st set but I was determined to get through and I know this is only the beginning. By the end of it, my legs were shaking like nothing else (damn squats and lunges which oddly is an exercise I don't mind), but I felt so good. Really looking forward to tomorrow and having this form part of my new habits.

I also made a video blog to introduce myself on my phone, but think I'll do it via the webcam and upload it tomorrow. I did not enjoy looking at myself at all, which I guess is a good motivator to say bye bye to that face!


Need to make a start on dinner. xo

1 comment:

  1. 4:30am? THAT is dedication!!! Looking forward to following you along your journey :)

    ReplyDelete